Hello Parents! If promoting your child’s extensive learning is your goal, you are in the right place. While there are too many activity boxes to confuse you, here we provide some crispy but perfect information about activity boxes. These information here are provided only after using them along with a detailed study of the products. Also, this is an unbiased and unpaid review.
Looking for the best toys for your 3 year old baby? Click here to check the handpicked toys that I’ve listed here.
Why do you need an activity box for your kid?
Are you struggling to draw your kids to the right path? I, as a mother, know how significant it is to introduce things to kids that are truly beneficial for their growth. After trying various methods, I finally found the need to introduce activity boxes to kids based on their age.
Recent times have made kids stay glued to the screens of mobile phones and TVs. If you want your kid to spend quality time with you and stay away from their virtual world, activity boxes are the right choice.
Which is the best activity box available in India?
There are few activity boxes available in India that are quite famous. Flintobox, Xplorabox, Einstein box and Intellikit are popular among many kids and parents for their quality and features.
If you are already facing confusions in choosing the right one for your kid, you can see an unbiased comparison here done by me after trying each one of them for my kid.
Gifting makes the giver and the receiver equally happy. Can you believe that you can now gift at ₹100 and ₹200? Check the list of best gifts for babies and make the little munchkins super happy!
Flintobox was originally founded by a set of parents who realized the addiction of their children to screen. Each of their activity boxes contain 3 to 4 play based activities. The activity boxes have a variety of worksheets, DIY activities and materials that would encourage them to grow in a smart manner.
The pros and cons of Flintobox are listed here based on my own experience and the reviews by other users.
- Varied themes in them amuse the kids to a great extent.
- Develops the creativity level of the little ones with the DIY kit in activity boxes.
- Motor and sensory skills, Identifying shapes and other various activities would enhance the skills of your kids.
- The customer support can be easily accessible and they solve most of the problems faced by the customers.
- Their activities make sure that the kids develop early literacy, early numeracy and social and emotional development.
- Reviews from some of the other users are that the activity boxes for kids of age more than 6 years are easy to complete and they don’t have to think much.
- For the kids of the age group between 1.5 to 4.5, the activity boxes are not easily understandable and they require a large amount of parent’s involvement.
- There are some rare cases where the activity boxes ordered are not received on time.
The aim of flintobox activities is to widely contribute to the growth of children through innovative methods. Depending on the theme the kid chooses, the box contains worksheets and other activities. For example, a one month subscription box would contain,
Box 1 – Incredible ocean
Box 2 – Wonderful vehicles
Box 3 – Magical Rainforest
When it comes to oceans, the box may contain activities like painting and drawing different sea animals. Sensorial activities might include making the kid touch and feel the shapes of starfish, octopus etc.
- Flintobox includes developing creative, sensory, motor and spatial skills of kids with their activities and worksheets.
- The articles and worksheets in the Flintobox are attractive and are made of good quality.
- The glossy activity papers given in the box can be reused and is of the best quality.
- They are designed with kid-friendly materials and curated by child psychologists.
For the best toys for newborns, click here and grab the top rated fun toys!
This is a theme-based activity box that has various educational benefits with entertaining elements. Xplorabox has a customer friendly website. It provides all the information about the boxes including pictures of the boxes and the activity sheets, worksheets, board games and other learning materials.
Check the pros and cons listed below and make your decisions on choosing them!
- User reviews shows that xplorabox widely contributes in improving the motor skills of kids than any other activity boxes.
- To reduce the screen time of the children and keep them engaged in a healthy way you can choose xplorabox.
- The puzzles given by them generate a great amount of curiosity in the kids and they engage in solving them for a long time without losing interest.
- They are made of kid-friendly materials like foam-thick paper that are easy to use and are attractive.
- Some of the users feel that the activity sheets provided by them are said to be reusable but they are not.
- Xplorabox – though has many good features is considered to be overpriced for the materials and methods of learning they provide.
Xplorabox is the only activity box available in India that provide complete pictures of the boxes and the activities inside them. The customer support team of xplorabox is quite friendly and solve most your queries.
- There are 5 attractive activities in each box. Based on the subscription, the number of boxes per month would differ.
- This can be a perfect gift for 3 to 8 year old kids. The idea of gifting this to kids and introducing them to this interesting world of activity is appreciable.
- They are all made of safe materials and they lasts long.
Firstcry’s intellikit is based on Montessori philosophy and also on the ideas of many great experts for the benefits of children. The attractive and amusing materials provided by them induce the joy in children and also keep them occupied.
Let’s now analyze the pros and cons of Intellikit!
- The activities are designed by 4 to 6 experts depending on the age of the children.
- Intellicards are given in the box to promote the innovative minds of the kids through theme specific activities.
- The instructions given for the kids are short and simple compared to other activity boxes.
- The appearance of the box, pictures and story books inside are all so attractive that they wouldn’t stop exciting the kid.
- Some users feel that it would be better if there is a way to purchase a single box as firstcry only allows them get the subscription done.
- For kids of age 2 to 3, parent’s care and guidance is very important.
- The products are not made of child-friendly products. Thus, they can end up being harmful for the child.
The most special factor about first cry’s intellikit is that it is super attractive and grabs the attention of kids easily. Intellikit has a list of activities that has to be done for the whole month and they call it the learning calendar.
- Each activity box has a story book that has colorful pictures and are easy to read. It can be easily understood by kids and the pictorial representations would increase the imagination of the kids.
- Intellikit provides more than 5 worksheets. Other activity boxes have worksheets of lesser numbers.
- The Intellikit calendar that has the activity list can be pasted somewhere and the kid can be asked to mark every time they complete an activity. Rewards can be given and that would be a great appreciation for the kids.
Worried about carrying dangerous toys on your airways trip? Check the methods and right ways we have explained and follow them.
Flintobox vs Xplorabox vs Intellikit
This is an unbiased review particularly to help you find the best activity box based on your needs. Make your child’s learning fun and interesting!
Confused about other activity boxes like Magic crate and Einstein box? Check my detailed comparison of Magic crate, Einstein box and Flintobox.