There are various brands in the market that make beauty products and we often find it difficult to pick one among the lot. This article will give a detailed analysis of Plum vs MamaEarth so that you can choose the best products out of the lot.
One of the reasons why it becomes difficult to choose the best product out of the numerous ones is that we don’t understand the scientific details of the ingredients in these products. It is important to make sure that the products have natural ingredients in them so that it safe for our skin and hair. When I first wanted to start a skincare routine, I had to research a lot so that I could find the best products. It was quite taxing to do that, so I thought I would take two of the most popular brands – Plum vs MamaEarth and analyze their products for your benefit.
It is important to understand how to choose the best beauty products so that you get the best results. Check out our article on how to choose the best product to make the best decision.
Why do we compare?
Before we jump into the Plum vs MamaEarth comparison, let us quickly look at why it is necessary to compare Plum vs MamaEarth. Both brands have made a name for themselves when it comes to beauty products and is competing with other huge brands like Ponds, Dove and such. Thus, it becomes important to look into Plum vs MamaEarth brands first to understand what makes them stand out in the market.
Plum is a recently launched Indian brand that was started in 2013. It is India’s first vegan beauty brand with offerings in make-up, skin and hair care. Their motto is goodness that delivers and all their products adhere to that. It is one of the fastest-growing cosmetic companies in India with a reach of over 300 cities and towns in India.
They understand that ‘one size fits all’ is not applicable when it comes to beauty products, so they design different products for different needs. This, they have a range of products in make-up as well as skin and hair care. They also have a separate line of products for men and those products are also vegan. Plum is thus one of the first Indian brands to do this.
What are the reviews on this brand?
Plum has mixed reviews from users. A lot of people feel that it is more expensive than other products. If you are buying any Plum products, make sure that you are buying them from a trusted source so that you are not buying rip-off products.
Is Plum cruelty-free?
You might wonder why I have added this title. It is in our hands to look after our environment and every product we choose should also reflect the same value. As mentioned above, Plum is vegan and cruelty-free. Their packaging is also sustainable and their used plastic bottles are recycled. In short, Plum is quite conscious of the people as well as the environment.
MamaEarth is also a recently launched Indian brand that started out for baby care products but has now extended to adults as well. It is run by an Indian couple who came up with the brand when they were pregnant with their child. Their motto is ‘by a parent, for the parent’. Even though it is recently launched, it has grown to be a household name in India pretty quickly.
Most of their products are made out of natural ingredients and so they don’t have any harmful chemicals in them. Their products are approved by dermatologists and are up to International standards. They also take suggestions from moms in India so that their brand could be improved and cater to Indian moms and their little ones.
What are the reviews on this brand?
MamaEarth mostly has positive reviews from its users. Their products are comparatively cheaper than most baby care products. As I had mentioned for the Plum products, make sure that you are buying MamaEarth products from trusted sources.
Is it cruelty-free?
MamaEarth as a brand is completely cruelty-free. Their products are also vegan and therefore safer and better for the environment.
If you are planning to switch to formula milk, check out our article on the 7 best formula milk for babies to easily choose the one that would be perfect for your little munchkin.
Comparison of the most used products
Now that we have compared Plum vs MamaEarth brands, let us jump into the 5 most used products from both brands. A detailed comparison of these products with regard to their quantity, rate, pros, and cons is done below. Let us first look into the most used and needed product – Plum vs MamaEarth face wash.
1. FACE WASH
The first on the list of beauty products that are to be compared is the Plum vs MamaEarth face wash.
2) Good cleanser
2) Cheaper than Plum
Plum face wash review
1. Description: Plum Green tea face wash is great for oil, combination and acne-prone skin. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and it helps with controlling excess oil, fighting pimples, and pimple-causing bacteria. It also removes dirt and dead skin cells thereby doubling as a good cleanser.
2. How to use: Wet your face and rub a little bit of the face wash on your palms with water. This face wash doesn’t lather much, so apply the little foam on your palms gently onto your face. Rinse thoroughly with water.
3. What’s special: The appropriate pH value along with glycolic acid makes it absolutely work wonders for your acne.
MamaEarth face wash review
1. Description: MamaEarth tea tree face wash also has the goodness of tea tree. It is made out of natural ingredients tea tree, aloe vera and neem. It is completely free of harmful chemicals and is made of organic, natural, and vegan ingredients.
2. How to use: Apply the bar to the baby’s wet body and face and gently massage it to form a lather. Rinse and wash off completely with water.
3. What’s special: It is good for all skin types and works its magic according to our skin types.
2. BODY LOTION/ MOISTURIZER
The next on the list of beauty products that are to be compared is the Plum vs MamaEarth body lotion/ moisturizer.
2) Smells unique.
2) Organic and natural.
Plum body lotion review
1. Description: Plum body lotion comes in different varieties like cherry, litchi and such. It is paraben-free, silicon free and mineral oil free. It is perfectly suitable for all skin types, particularly in tropical countries like India.
2. How to use: Take 2- 3 ml on your palm and gently massage it over the entire body. Use it after your bath and before you go to bed at night.
3. What’s special: It is creamy, quickly absorbing and non-greasy.
MamaEarth body lotion review
1. Description: MamaEarth coco moisturizing body lotion is made out of several natural ingredients that help with moisturizing your beautiful skin. It has cocoa butter, coffee, olive oil and shea butter. It has nonsticky and lightweight formula so that it lasts longer.
2. How to use: Massage your skin after bathing. It can be applied at any time of the day and as much as it is needed.
3. What’s special: Even men and teenagers above 15 can use this moisturizer.
3. HAIR OIL/ SERUM
The next on the list of the body care products that are to be compared is the Plum vs MamaEarth hai oil/ serum.
2) Cleanses the scalp.
2) Henna increases the volume of the hair.
Plum hair oil review
1. Description: Plum Onion Hair Oil has natural ingredients like Bhringraj, Amla, Curry leaves and Onion. It is Sulphate free and Paraben free. It is good for all hair types. It promotes hair growth and strengthens hair fiber.
2. How to use: Apply a few drops onto your scalp and massage well. Repeat 2 or 3 times a week.
3. What’s special: The onion extract in the oil helps fight hair fall.
MamaEarth hair oil review
1. Description: The Mamaearth Henna Hair Oil with Henna & Coffee Oil deeply nourishes the scalp and enhances hair color, particularly for grey hair.
2. How to use: Apply a few drops onto your scalp and massage well. Wash it with shampoo and conditioner.
3. What’s special: It has anti-bacterial properties which keep infections at bay.
The next on the list of beauty products that are to be compared is the Plum vs MamaEarth shampoo.
2) Promotes hair growth
2) Natural ingredients.
Plum shampoo review
1. Description: Plum onion and biotin shampoo strengthen hair keratin which improves hair growth. The natural moisturizing agents in the shampoo help to keep the scalp and hair hydrated.
2. How to use: Wet your hair. Take 1 -2 ml of the plum shampoo and dilute it with an equal quantity of water. Gently massage it on the scalp. Rinse it thoroughly and pat dry with a towel.
3. What’s special: This shampoo helps with hair growth while also acting as a moisturizer.
MamaEarth shampoo review
1. Description: MamaEarth anti-dandruff shampoo is enriched with the goodness of Lemon & Zinc Pyrithione. The shampoo reduces dandruff and gets rid of flakes, leaving your scalp clean.
2. How to use: Wet your hair. Pump the shampoo out on your hands, and dilute it with water. Apply this on the scalp and hair. Lather, rinse and pat dry with a towel.
3. What’s special: Excessive dandruff can cause itchiness and discomfort. Infused with Ginger, the shampoo soothes itchiness & relieves irritation.
Last but not least on the list of beauty products that are to be compared is the Plum vs MamaEarth conditioner.
2) Good for curly hair.
2) Reduces split ends.
Plum conditioner review
1. Description: The Plum avocado conditioner has not only avocado but also olive oil, shea butter and other such ingredients which help retain the moisture of your hair.
2. How to use: Apply conditioner to the hands and massage it gently into the washed hair and rinse off after 5 minutes.
3. What’s special: It can be used in all seasons and by all genders.
MamaEarth conditioner review
1. Description: Fermented Rice Water is rich in amino acids, minerals and vitamins. It helps strengthen hair, adds shine and makes it smooth and silky.
2. How to use: Wash your hair with shampoo and apply the conditioner from mid-length of your hair to the end.
3. What’s special: It prevents hair breakage and reduces split ends.
Children and parents love books for return gifts equally. Check out our article on the 10 interesting books for return gifts to have a fun and eventful party.
Plum vs MamaEarth – an honest review
Now that I have given a review of the most used products of Plum vs MamaEarth, let me give my reviews on the brands Plum vs MamaEarth.
- Both brands have their own benefits. If you are looking for an affordable product go for MamaEarth.
- MamaEarth particularly focuses on moms. So if you are a new mom and looking for products, go for MamaEarth.
- Plum has a wide range of products to choose from. If you are looking for particular skin or hair needs, go for Plum.
There are numerous beauty products out on the market and one of the most common thoughts in our minds is Plum vs MamaEarth. Both of these brands are gaining enough recognition among people. Personally, I use products that are from both brands. Some products in Plum are very effective and other products in MamaEarth are also quite useful. I hope that this article helped you to choose the best out of the two – Plum vs MamaEarth. By the end of the day, only you would know what brand and product would be better for your skin and hair.
Postpartum depression affects a lot of mothers and it is not talked about enough. Check out our article on how to help a friend with postpartum depression to help your friend better.