There are hundreds of brands in the market that make baby care products and we as mothers often find it difficult to find the safest among those. This article will give you a detailed analysis of Sebamed vs Cetaphil so that you can choose the best products for your little ones.
One of the main reasons why it is difficult to choose the best baby care product out of the numerous ones in the market is that we don’t understand the scientific components of these products. It is necessary to make sure that the products have natural ingredients in them so that it safe for our little one’s skin. When my first daughter was born, I had to research a lot so that I could use the best products for her soft skin and hair. It was quite a task, so I thought I would take two of the most popular brands – Sebamed vs Cetaphil and analyze their products for your benefit.
Vaccination is an important part of maintaining our little one’s health. Check out our recent article on painless vs painful vaccination to know more about the types of vaccines and choose the best for your baby.
Things to consider before choosing a baby care product
Before we look at the detailed review of Sebamed vs Cetaphil products, let us first understand the few things that we need to consider before buying any baby care product.
- The first thing to look for is the pH value of the product. Babies have very sensitive skin and therefore it is important to make sure that the product should have a pH level of 5.5 to 7. Any product above or below this level is not suitable for your little one’s skin.
- The next thing to consider is the ingredients. It is always advisable to choose the product that has the most natural and organic ingredients.
- Check for phthalates, sulfates, parabens, and other such chemicals in the product. Avoid products that have these harmful chemicals in them. It will damage our little one’s skin, hair, and body.
- Look for products that are tested and approved by pediatricians. Any product that is approved by doctors is safe for your little one.
- Go for products that do not have artificial scents and colors. Choose products that are naturally scented and mild.
Sebamed vs Cetaphil – why do we compare?
Now that we have looked at the things to consider before buying any baby care products, let us quickly look at why it is necessary to compare Sebamed vs Cetaphil. Both brands have made a name for themselves when it comes to baby care products and is competing with other huge brands like Himalayas, Johnson & Johnson, and such. Thus, it becomes important to look into Sebamed vs Cetaphil brands first to understand what makes them stand out in the market.
Sebamed is a German company founded in 1957. It has been manufactured in a lot of countries around the world ever since. Sebamed has grown into a popular brand because all the products, particularly the baby care products have a pH value of 5.5. This is the optimal pH value for humans, especially baby skin. They are also the first brand to come up with soap-free products.
The brand itself is founded by a doctor, thus all their products are tested by doctors as well. Their motto is ‘Science for healthy skin’ so their products don’t usually have natural products. But the chemicals used in their products are well-tested and harm-free. Since it is an international brand, that provides high-quality scientific products, it is comparatively more expensive than other Indian brands.
What are the reviews on this brand?
Sebamed has mixed reviews from various users. A lot of people feel that it is more expensive than other products. If you are buying any Sebamed products, make sure that you are buying them from a trusted source so that you are not buying rip-off products.
Is Sebamed cruelty-free?
You might wonder why I have added this title. Along with ensuring that our babies are safe and protected, it is our duty as human beings to ensure that the products we use are not tested on lab animals. In that regard, Sebamed is not cruelty-free yet. But they are moving towards sustainable packing and products.
Cetaphil is a Swiss company founded in 1947. It has been manufactured in a lot of countries around the world ever since. Cetaphil has grown into a popular brand because all the products are applicable to all skin types. They also make products that are an alternative to harsher types of soap. Their products also do not cause any irritation to the skin.
Cetaphil has a range of body washes, shampoos, and lotions when it comes to baby care products. These products provide 5 areas of protection for the baby’s skin: gentle, moisturizing, soft, soothing, and hypoallergenic. They are also a scientific brand and so they don’t use only natural ingredients. But the chemicals are harm-free and effective. Like Sebamed, this is also expensive compared to other Indian baby care brands.
What are the reviews on this brand?
Cetaphil mostly has positive reviews from its users. Their products are good for sensitive skin, particularly that of babies. As I had mentioned for the Sebamed products, make sure that you are buying Cetaphil products from trusted sources.
Is Cetaphil cruelty-free?
Cetaphil like Sebamed is not cruelty-free but its products do not have any animal products, so some people consider it vegan.
Are you looking for the safest toys to get for your little bundle of joy? Check out our list of the 7 best wooden toy companies to choose the best wooden toys for your kids.
Comparison of the most used baby products
Now that we have compared Sebamed vs Cetaphil brands, let us jump into the 5 most used baby products from both brands. A detailed comparison of these products with regard to their quantity, rate, pros, and cons is done below. Let us first look into the most used baby care product – Sebamed vs Cetaphil baby soap.
1. BABY SOAP
The first on the list of baby care products that are to be compared is the Sebamed vs Cetaphil baby bathing bar.
Sebamed bathing bar review
1. Description: Sebamed baby cleansing bar is a sugar-based mild cleanser. It has a pH of 5.5 which protects the baby’s soft skin. It has a mild chamomile fragrance which soothes the skin while also making it safe for babies from one month.
2. How to use: Wet the body of your little one and rub a little bit of the soap on your palms with water. This soap doesn’t lather much, so apply the little foam on your palms gently onto your baby’s body. Rinse thoroughly with water.
3. What’s special: The appropriate pH value along with no formaldehyde makes it absolutely safe for your baby’s skin.
Cetaphil bathing bar review
1. Description: Cetaphil baby mild bar is soap-free, alcohol-free, and paraben free. It is made out of natural ingredients like shea butter, olive oil, and avocado oil. It can be used on newborn babies, babies, and kids with sensitive skin.
2. How to use: Apply the bar to the baby’s wet body and face and gently massage it to form a lather. Rinse and wash off completely with water.
3. What’s special: It gently cleanses the baby’s skin without drying it. It also moisturizes the skin along with cleansing.
2. BABY BODY LOTION
The next on the list of baby care products that are to be compared is the Sebamed vs Cetaphil baby body lotion.
2) Has a mild chamomile fragrance.
2) Has no mineral oil.
Sebamed baby lotion review
1. Description: The Sebamed baby body lotion has 7% natural oils and lipids which help with locking the moisture as well as providing long-lasting hydration to your baby’s skin.
2. How to use: Take 2- 3 ml on your palm and gently massage it over the entire body. Use it after your baby’s bath and before the baby goes to bed at night.
3. What’s special: It is clinically proven to increase hydration by 16% and has 0% irritant and allergic reactions.
Cetaphil baby lotion review
1. Description: Cetaphil baby daily lotion is made out of several natural ingredients like soyabean oil, sunflower oil, glycerin, and shea butter that help with moisturizing the skin of your little ones.
2. How to use: Massage onto the baby’s skin after bathing. It can be applied at any time of the day and as much as it is needed.
3. What’s special: This body lotion is made of various natural ingredients and does not have any mineral oils. This helps with hydrating, softening, and nourishing the little one’s skin.
3. BABY CREAM
The next on the list of baby care products that are to be compared is the Sebamed vs Cetaphil baby body cream.
Sebamed baby cream review
1. Description: The Sebamed baby cream (extra soft) is clinically proven to double the hydration level. It also provides complete protection to the baby’s skin.
2. How to use: Gently massage over the areas that need extra moisture. It is best to use it twice a day.
3. What’s special: It is the only cream that is awarded ECARF approval as it is crafted by dermatologists.
Cetaphil baby cream review
1. Description: The Cetaphil advanced protection cream for babies is extremely moisturizing. It is made with a mild formula so that the baby’s skin is not affected.
2. How to use: Take an adequate amount and apply it all over the face and body. Massage until it is completely absorbed.
3. What’s special: The Cetaphil baby cream has the goodness of the ingredients like organic calendula, glycerin, and shea butter. Along with moisturizing the skin, the cream also reduces the irritation that comes with the dryness of the skin.
4. BABY SHAMPOO
The next on the list of baby care products that are to be compared is the Sebamed vs Cetaphil baby shampoo.
2) Treats dandruff.
2) Has the goodness of aloe vera.
Sebamed baby shampoo review
1. Description: Sebamed baby shampoo is a no-tears shampoo that naturally promotes hair growth. The natural moisturizing agents in the shampoo help to keep the scalp and hair hydrated.
2. How to use: Wet baby’s hair. Take 1 -2 ml of Sebamed shampoo and dilute it with an equal quantity of water. Gently massage it on the scalp. Rinse it thoroughly and pat dry with a towel.
3. What’s special: Most baby shampoos don’t provide any solutions for dandruff or psoriasis but this Sebamed shampoo is formulated to cure these while also cleaning your baby’s hair and scalp.
Cetaphil baby shampoo review
1. Description: Cetaphil baby shampoo cleanses the hair and scalp while also making it soft and silky. The shampoo has protein which aids in hair growth as well.
2. How to use: Wet your baby’s hair. Pump the shampoo out on your hands, and dilute it with water. Apply this on the scalp and hair. Lather, rinse and pat dry with a towel.
3. What’s special: This shampoo has the goodness of chamomile, wheat protein, and aloe vera. All these ingredients help with cleansing, conditioning, and rejuvenating the scalp and the hair.
5. BABY DIAPER RASH CREAM
Last but not least on the list of baby care products that are to be compared is the Sebamed vs Cetaphil baby diaper rash cream.
2) Has got different chemicals to heal, soothe and repair the skin.
2) It has overnight results.
Sebamed baby rash cream review
1. Description: Sebamed baby rash cream promotes the development of the skin’s protective acid mantle. The wheat bran extract in the formula helps soothe the rashes.
2. How to use: Apply cream to the hands and massage it gently into the affected skin after each diaper change.
3. What’s special: The Titanium dioxide and squalane in the cream shield the skin against harmful contact with excreta.
Cetaphil baby rash cream review
1. Description: Cetaphil baby diaper rash cream prevents rashes and gives overnight results. It also moisturizes the skin thereby soothing redness and itching.
2. How to use: Take out a dollop of the diaper rash cream and rub generously on the affected areas.
3. What’s special: The presence of natural ingredients like chamomile, sunflower seed oil, soybean oil, and shea butter moisturizes the skin while soothing the rashes.
One of the most important baby care products that are not listed above is hair oil. Check out our detailed article on the 3 best hair oil for babies to choose the safest one for your little bundle of joy.
There are numerous baby products out on the market and one of the most common thoughts in mothers’ minds is Sebamed vs Cetaphil. Both of these brands are gaining enough recognition among parents. Personally, I use products that are from both brands. Some products in Sebamed are very effective and other products in Cetaphil are also quite useful. I hope that this article helped you to choose the best out of the two – Sebamed vs Cetaphil. By the end of the day, only you as a mother would know what brand and product would be better for your little bundle of joy.
Now that we have looked out Sebamed vs Cetaphil, check out our detailed article on Himalaya vs Johnson and Johnson to gain even more clarity about baby care products that are available in India.