There are numerous brands in the market that makes baby products and we as mothers often find it difficult to pick one among the lot. This article will give a detailed analysis of Sebamed vs MamaEarth so that you can choose the best products for your little ones.
One of the main reasons why it is difficult to choose the best product out of the numerous ones is that we don’t understand the scientific details of the ingredients in these products. It is important to make sure that the products have natural ingredients in them so that it safe for our little one’s skin. When my first daughter was born, I had to research a lot so that I could use the best products for her soft skin and hair. It was quite taxing to do that, so I thought I would take two of the most popular brands – Sebamed vs MamaEarth and analyze their products for your benefit.
If you are planning to switch to formula milk, check out our article on the 7 best formula milk for babies to easily choose the one that would be perfect for your little munchkin.
Things to consider before choosing a baby care product
Before we jump into the detailed review of Sebamed vs MamaEarth products, let us first look at the few things to consider before buying any baby care product.
- The first thing to consider is the pH value of the product. Babies have very sensitive skin and therefore it is important to make sure that the product should have a pH level of 5.5 to 7. Any product above or below this level is not suitable for your little one’s skin.
- The next thing to consider is the ingredients. It is always advisable to choose the product that has the most natural and organic ingredients.
- Check for phthalates, sulfates, parabens, and other such chemicals in the product. Avoid products that have these harmful chemicals in them. It will damage our little one’s skin, hair, and body.
- Look for products that are tested and approved by pediatricians. Any product that is approved by doctors is safe for your little one.
- Go for products that do not have artificial scents and colors. Choose products that are naturally scented and mild.
Sebamed vs MamaEarth – Why do we compare?
Now that we have looked at the things to consider before buying any baby care products, let us quickly look at why it is necessary to compare Sebamed vs MamaEarth. Both brands have made a name for themselves when it comes to baby care products and is competing with other huge brands like Himalayas, Johnson & Johnson, and such. Thus, it becomes important to look into Sebamed vs MamaEarth brands first to understand what makes them stand out in the market.
Sebamed is a German company founded in 1957 and ever since it has been manufacturing in a lot of countries around the world. Sebamed has grown into a popular brand because all the products, particularly the baby care products have a pH value of 5.5. This is the optimal pH value for humans, especially baby skin. They are also the first brand to come up with soap-free products.
The brand itself is founded by a doctor, thus all their products are tested by doctors as well. Their motto is ‘Science for healthy skin’ so their products don’t usually have natural products. But the chemicals used in their products are well-tested and harm-free. Since it is an international brand, that provides high-quality scientific products, it is comparatively more expensive than other Indian brands.
What are the reviews on this brand?
Sebamed has mixed reviews from users. A lot of people feel that it is more expensive than other products. If you are buying any Sebamed products, make sure that you are buying them from a trusted source so that you are not buying rip-off products.
Is Sebamed cruelty-free?
You might wonder why I have added this title. Along with making sure that our babies are safe and protected, it is our duty as human beings to make sure that the products we use are not tested on lab animals. In that regard, Sebamed is not cruelty-free yet. But they are moving towards sustainable packing and products.
MamaEarth is a recently launched Indian brand that started out for baby care products but has now extended to adults as well. It is run by an Indian couple who came up with the brand when they were pregnant with their child. Their motto is ‘by a parent, for the parent’. Even though it is recently launched, it has grown to be a household name in India pretty quickly.
Most of their products are made out of natural ingredients and so they don’t have any harmful chemicals in them. Their products are approved by dermatologists and are up to International standards. They also take suggestions from moms in India so that their brand could be improved and cater to Indian moms and their little ones.
What are the reviews on this brand?
MamaEarth mostly has positive reviews from its users. Their products are comparatively cheaper than most baby care products. As I had mentioned for the Sebamed products, make sure that you are buying MamaEarth products from trusted sources.
Is MamaEarth cruelty-free?
MamaEarth as a brand is completely cruelty-free. Their products are also vegan and therefore safer and better for the environment.
To understand in-depth why both Sebamed vs MamaEarth strongly focus on maintaining the pH value of their products, check out our scientific article on pH in baby products and their importance.
Comparison of the most used baby products
Now that we have compared Sebamed vs MamaEarth brands, let us jump into the 5 most used baby products from both brands. A detailed comparison of these products with regard to their quantity, rate, pros, and cons is done below. Let us first look into the most used baby care product – Sebamed vs MamaEarth baby soap.
1. BABY SOAP
2) No harmful chemicals.
2) Half the price as the Sebamed soap.
Sebamed bathing bar review
1. Description: Sebamed baby cleansing bar is a sugar-based mild cleanser. It has a pH of 5.5 which protects the baby’s soft skin. It has a mild chamomile fragrance which soothes the skin while also making it safe for babies from one month.
2. How to use: Wet the body of your little one and rub a little bit of the soap on your palms with water. This soap doesn’t lather much, so apply the little foam on your palms gently onto your baby’s body. Rinse thoroughly with water.
3. What’s special: The appropriate pH value along with no formaldehyde makes it absolutely safe for your baby’s skin.
MamaEarth bathing bar review
1. Description: MamaEarth moisturizing baby bathing soap bar also has a pH value of 5.5. It is made out of natural ingredients like goat milk, oatmeal, shea butter, and coconut-based cleansers. It can be used on newborn babies, babies, and kids with sensitive skin, as well as babies and kids with eczema-prone skin.
2. How to use: Apply the bar to the baby’s wet body and face and gently massage it to form a lather. Rinse and wash off completely with water.
3. What’s special: It is completely free of harmful chemicals and is made of organic, natural, and vegan ingredients.
2. BABY BODY LOTION
The next on the list of baby care products that are to be compared is the Sebamed vs MamaEarth baby body lotion.
2) Has a mild chamomile fragrance.
2) Has no mineral oil.
Sebamed baby lotion review
1. Description: The Sebamed baby body lotion has 7% natural oils and lipids which help with locking the moisture as well as providing long-lasting hydration to your baby’s skin.
2. How to use: Take 2- 3 ml on your palm and gently massage it over the entire body. Use it after your baby’s bath and before the baby goes to bed at night.
3. What’s special: It is clinically proven to increase hydration by 16% and has 0% irritant and allergic reactions.
MamaEarth baby lotion review
1. Description: MamaEarth daily moisturizing natural baby lotion is made out of several natural ingredients that help with moisturizing the skin of your little ones.
2. How to use: Massage onto the baby’s skin after bathing. It can be applied at any time of the day and as much as it is needed.
3. What’s special: This body lotion is made of Shea butter and Cocoa butter. Along with these, it also contains calendula and aloe vera extract.
3. BABY CREAM
The next on the list of baby care products that are to be compared is the Sebamed vs MamaEarth baby body cream.
Sebamed baby cream review
1. Description: The Sebamed baby cream (extra soft) is clinically proven to double the hydration level. It also provides complete protection to the baby’s skin.
2. How to use: Gently massage over the areas that need extra moisture. It is best to use it twice a day.
3. What’s special: It is the only cream that is awarded ECARF approval as it is crafted by dermatologists.
MamaEarth baby cream review
1. Description: The MamaEarth coco soft face cream for babies is extremely moisturizing. It is made with a mild formula so that the baby’s skin is not affected.
2. How to use: Take an adequate amount and apply it all over the face. Massage until it is completely absorbed.
3. What’s special: The MamaEarth baby cream has the goodness of natural ingredients like turmeric, coconut milk, and shea butter. Along with moisturizing the skin, the cream also keeps infections at bay because of the turmeric.
4. BABY SHAMPOO
The next on the list of baby care products that are to be compared is the Sebamed vs MamaEarth baby shampoo.
2) Treats dandruff.
2) Milky soft shampoo formula.
Sebamed baby shampoo review
1. Description: Sebamed baby shampoo is a no-tears shampoo that naturally promotes hair growth. The natural moisturizing agents in the shampoo help to keep the scalp and hair hydrated.
2. How to use: Wet baby’s hair. Take 1 -2 ml of Sebamed shampoo and dilute it with an equal quantity of water. Gently massage it on the scalp. Rinse it thoroughly and pat dry with a towel.
3. What’s special: Most baby shampoos don’t provide any solutions for dandruff or psoriasis but this Sebamed shampoo is formulated to cure these while also cleaning your baby’s hair and scalp.
MamaEarth baby shampoo review
1. Description: MamaEarth milky soft shampoo cleanses the hair and scalp while also making it soft and silky. The shampoo has protein which aids in hair growth as well.
2. How to use: Wet your baby’s hair. Pump the shampoo out on your hands, and dilute it with water. Apply this on the scalp and hair. Lather, rinse and pat dry with a towel.
3. What’s special: This shampoo has the goodness of oats, calendula, and coconut milk. All these ingredients help with cleansing, conditioning, and rejuvenating the scalp and the hair.
5. BABY DIAPER RASH CREAM
Last but not least on the list of baby care products that are to be compared is the Sebamed vs MamaEarth baby diaper rash cream.
2) Has got different chemicals to heal, soothe and repair the skin.
2) It is cheaper than the Sebamed product.
Sebamed baby rash cream review
1. Description: Sebamed baby rash cream promotes the development of the skin’s protective acid mantle. The wheat bran extract in the formula helps soothe the rashes.
2. How to use: Apply cream to the hands and massage it gently into the affected skin after each diaper change.
3. What’s special: The Titanium dioxide and squalane in the cream shield the skin against harmful contact with excreta.
MamaEarth baby rash cream review
1. Description: MamaEarth milky soft diaper rash cream prevents rashes due to the presence of Zinc Oxide. It also moisturizes the skin thereby soothing redness and itching.
2. How to use: Take out a dollop of the diaper rash cream and rub generously on the affected areas.
3. What’s special: The presence of calendula does not cause irritation to the sensitive skin of the babies.
If you are confused about diaper rash creams after reading the Sebamed vs MamaEarth diaper rash creams, check out our detailed article on diaper rashes and their benefits to read more!
There are numerous baby products out on the market and one of the most common thoughts in mothers’ minds is Sebamed vs MamaEarth. Both of these brands are gaining enough recognition among parents. Personally, I use products that are from both brands. Some products in Sebamed are very effective and other products in MamaEarth are also quite useful. I hope that this article helped you to choose the best out of the two – Sebamed vs MamaEarth. By the end of the day, only you as a mother would know what brand and product would be better for your little bundle of joy.
Now that we have looked out Sebamed vs MamaEarth, check out our detailed article on Himalaya vs Johnson and Johnson to gain even more clarity about baby care products that are available in India.